63rd Traditional Cows’ Ball
The biggest holiday in Bohinj!
Although this year we will be left without the Cow Ball, alpine farmers and cheesemakers have not stopped anything in their work. As every year, this year they are very present in the mountains and valleys. The cows know nothing of anything strange and are diligently giving milk. Somehow it seems to us that this year’s cheese products will be especially delicious.
Photography: Mitja Sodja
Where and when?
Where: Virtualni dogodek
The event in year 2020 will be in virtual form. We invite you to join us at our Facebook event: 63rd Cows’ Ball and take part in our prize games.
When: from 20.9.2020 10:00 to 20.9.2020 10:00
We have prepared interesting videos and photos, so see what our programme has to offer!
Virtual Cows’ Ball Programme on Facebook and Youtube channels:
- 16 August 2020 63rd Cows’ Ball without the ball, but still deep in our hearts
- 23 August 2020 The oldest event in Bohinj and how it all began
- 30 August 2020 Bohinj pastures, alpine herdsmen and alpine dairymaids today
- 6 September 2020 Cheesemaking and tradition in Bohinj
- 13 September 2020 Bohinj cows (“cike”) invite you to their ball
- 20 September 2020 Traditional Cows’ Ball in Bohinj, documentary